Sunday, June 12, 2011

From My Kitchen - Sunday 12th June

Finally, a week that will have some sense of normality to it! Paddy's play finally closes on Tuesday night after a successful, sell-out season and I get him back at night! Well, at least until the next one starts... Dinners this week are very much seasonally inspired, after a fresh batch of mushrooms from my mum (we buy a kilo a fortnight from a grower at her work) and a huge delivery of avocados from Paddy's mum, who was down to visit for the weekend. If you have never tried avocado pasta before I highly recommend it! I have a few different versions of my own, but the linked recipe is a great start too. There will definitely be avocado in the rice paper rolls as well; I can't get enough of the stuff! The mushroom barley risotto is a take on this recipe. I made it tonight as I cooked Sunday's dinner, since Monday's is my busy gym night. It smells amazing and I can't wait for dinner tomorrow night to have some! I will post the recipe in the next few days, as it's another cheap and delicious staple.

Here's the plan for this week:

Dinner
Sunday - free-range pork sausages with potato-celeriac mash and roasted yams, broccoli and brussels sprouts
Monday - mushroom barley risotto with raw spinach salad
Tuesday - creamy avocado pasta with greens
Wednesday - organic chicken curry on brown rice
Thursday - Vietnamese rice paper spring rolls with satay dipping sauce

Baking
- some flavour of raw truffles for snacks
- spelt sourdough

To Do
- soak brown rice
- soak cashews for truffles
- weekly kombucha

No comments:

Post a Comment