So, this weekend, I decided to conquer my fears, and give it a go. I turned to my trusty Edmonds Cookbook for the answers, with a few modifications of my own, of course. I said to Paddy that I probably should have tried plain scones first, but it's not really my style. He agreed.
I used the basic scone recipe from Edmonds, and added about 1 cup of chopped spinach, 2 Tbsp tomato paste, and some pepper to the milk mixture. Then I shaped, and sprinkled with cheese before baking.
The work cafe can kiss my money goodbye, as I am most definitely making the scones from now on!
Thanks to Devon, for her company during this scone expedition, and her selfless clearing up of any scraps.