Thursday, July 22, 2010

Best Satay Ever

Most of the time I love cooking. But, there are those odd times when I get home from work/uni at 6pm, am HUNGRY, and don't want to wait any longer than about 34 seconds before I am eating dinner.
When this situation occurs, I have a few go-to recipes, that are ready within ten minutes of getting home. This is one of my favourites.

Best Satay Ever

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 - 1/2 cup boiling water
2 cloves garlic, grated or finely sliced
1cm grated ginger OR 1/2 tsp dried ginger
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp wine vinegar (or white wine)
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
1 - 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce

Place all ingredients in a jar and get your shake on. The amount of hot water depends on how thick you want your sauce.

My favourite way to serve this is with noodles and a clean-your-fridge-out vege stir fry. Tonight's stirfry contained brussel sprouts, red capsicum, pumpkin, leek, garlic shoots, corn, celery and egg noodles, served with baked honey soy tofu and a dollop of left-over avocado mash. Yum!

1 comment: