Monday, February 21, 2011

From My Kitchen - Sunday 20th February

I've been so busy that I somehow missed an entire week of meal planning and posts! I honestly don't know where my times goes anymore, full-time work is proving to be a big adjustment for me! I love the freedom of my weekends and evenings, but I don't get home until 6pm at the earliest not until 8pm on gym night, and with me being an early-to-bed nana, my evenings seems to scream by. Lately the evenings have been taken up with preserving, and this will continue for the next few weeks at least as our house is flush with produce gifted from friends, grown in the garden or foraged for, that needs to have something done with it! On the agenda includes red tomato relish, green tomato chutney, more to-die-for pasta sauce, plum sauce, plum wine, wild blackberry vodka, apple cider and mead. Phew, it will be busy! I will be posting recipes and results as they happen :)
Now, onto dinner this week. It is grocery week, so things are a bit slim until shopping later in the week, but the garden is still full so I have tried my best to be creative...

Dinner
Sunday - at our neighbours for delicious homekill roast hogget and garden veges
Monday - potato salad with tonnato sauce (tuna, anchovies, capers, lemon juice and zest and homemade mayonnaise, blended together) sauteed garden greens (broccoli, beans and zucchini)
Tuesday - mushroom lasagna with slow-roasted cherry tomatoes and green salad
Wednesday - free-range pork strips marinated in homemade plum sauce with salt 'n' vinegar potato 'chips' and green salad
Thursday - crockpot lamb shanks with roast pumpkin mash and green beans

Baking/Snacks
- honey and peanut butter booster bars from River Cottage Everyday
- hummus

To Do
- soak and cook chickpeas
- make mayo
- slow roast tomatoes
- kombucha (which has been very neglected lately!)

No comments:

Post a Comment