While we buy fresh produce on a weekly basis, and have a constant supply from our vege garden, our supermarket shop only happens once a fortnight. This means that on the week of the shop, things are looking a bit light in the pantry! However, a well-stoked freezer and a good stock of dried beans and lentils, means there is always another meal to be cooked; it may just take a little imagination.
So, what's from my kitchen this week...
- none to do this week, as the freezer is well-stoked and Paddy has finished work for the year as well.
- Sunday: corn fritters, wedges and coleslaw (cabbage, kohlrabi, carrot, sorrel, red onion, radish) with homemade mayo.
- Monday: chickpea, cous cous and roast vege salad (broccoli, asparagus, zucchini and red onion), with stirfried chilli kale.
- Tuesday: sushi with honey soy chicken, avocado, carrot and wasabi mayo filling.
- Wednesday: curried pork sausages on rice.
- Thursday: hamburgers (beef patties, lettuce, tomato, beetroot, onion, pineapple and sauces on homemade buns).
- soak and cook chickpeas
- soak sushi rice
- make hamburger buns
- brew kombucha
- write grocery shopping list